Employment discrimination is a federal crime, and requires the skill and determination of a qualified Los Angeles attorney to enforce these federal statutes in pursuit of our clients’ financial recovery.
At David Yeremian & Associates, Inc., our employment discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles focus on the law as it pertains to employees whose company meets the standards outlined by federal law. Employment discrimination is a concentrated area that only includes federal laws that protect those who are being discriminated against in any capacity because of race, religion, gender, sex or financial standing. If you work for a company government entity, or a private company that fits the qualifications for these federal statutes, and have been discriminated against, our attorneys can help you receive financial compensation for your hardships.
Our Los Angeles employment discrimination lawyers in Los Angeles provide free consultations to discuss your case fully, while providing you with the counsel you need to hold your employer responsible for their offensive behavior. We provide personal attention to each case, and have handled hundreds of federal cases with great success, so we will leave no detail to chance while helping you recover from your employment woes. It is a crime to discriminate against anyone in the workplace, and our accomplished attorney group works tirelessly to ensure that our clients receive financial recovery when they are the victims of such senseless circumstances.
Employment Discrimination Explained
The experienced Los Angeles employment discrimination lawyers at David Yeremian & Associates, Inc. enforce the federal laws that prohibit discrimination in the following areas by any federal agency:
- Disciplinary Action
- Promotion Policies
Under Federal law, employers cannot discriminate against employees because of:
- Age (for employees over 40)
- Bankruptcy or Bad Debts
- Citizen Status
- Genetic Information
- Military Affiliation
- National Origin
If you have been discriminated against in any of the aforementioned capacities, it is important that you contact a lawyer in our firm today to get the help you need in holding the government responsible for their violation of the law.
Federal Violations Require Experienced Attorneys
Our employment discrimination attorneys in Los Angeles concentrate solely on employment law, and one very large focus of that particular area is the federally protected rights of our clients. Under federal law, it is unlawful for a government agency to pay two people with equal qualifications differing wages solely because of their sex. This discrimination protection is offered through the Fair Labor Standards Act.
In addition there are several federal statutes that protect our clients in a number of capacities, each of which our attorneys are experienced in providing a successful outcome.
- Civil Rights Act of 1964: Prohibits discrimination because of race, color, religion or sex
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act: Prohibits discrimination because of pregnancy, child birth and related medical conditions (led to the FMLA statute, which our attorneys also enforce)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act: Prohibits discrimination because of age, and is applicable to employees over 40 years of age
- Rehabilitation Act of 1973: Prohibits discrimination because of a disability, requiring reasonable accommodations for disabled employees
- Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978: Prohibits discrimination on the basis of bankruptcy or bad debts
- Immigration Control and Reform Act of 1986: Prohibits discrimination because of national origin or immigration status (unauthorized immigrants excluded)
- Americans with Disabilities Act 1990: This statute was enacted to eliminate the barriers that qualified individuals with disabilities faced in the workplace, including those with physical or mental handicaps
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008: Bars any employer from using genetic information of any individual for the purpose of hiring, firing, promoting or job placement purposes
- Employment Nondiscrimination Act: Bans discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity
Our attorneys represent anyone who has had their rights violated in the workplace under these federal statutes, and welcome the opportunity to enforce these federal laws at every opportunity.